Burkes Pass Country Motel is an older style, rural, boutique motel, based within the gateway to Mackenzie Country, centrally located for day trips to Mt Cook and beyond.
We are just a 15-minute scenic drive (22km) from either Lake Tekapo or Fairlie. This is the perfect location if you want to be close to all the stunning natural features and scenary that surrounds us but you want to relax in your own little semi-rural accommodation setting away from other tourists.
Please note, there is no supermarket or restaurant in Burkes Pass Village, just 23 people live in this historic & beautiful place.
Check in is from 3-8pm. Late check ins must be arranged.
Our facilities include:
- Ground floor units, easy access with off road parking.
- The kitchenettes come equipped with a microwave, fridge & jug. Although there are no ovens in the units an electric frypan, wok &/or a bench top cooker is available on request.
- All units are Non-smoking units.
- Tea,coffee, hair drier, toiletries.
- BBQ & picnic area to dine under the stars to relax & enjoy the country vistas. This can even be utilised in winter as you keep warm from the heat of our outdoor wood burner.